The Data Mapper enables our business experts to import all your source data, use their expertise to
map source data to target locations; apply business rules to transform your data; and document data
maps at the most detailed level. We start using Data Mapper Day One to help jump start your project.
The Data Mapper features include:
- Easy data import facility supporting over one hundred data file formats
- Interactive drag-and-drop data mapping
- Preview record and field level data prior to, during, and after mapping
- Map data using direct field-to-field, list lookup, database table lookup, and business rule expression mappings
- Library of reusable data transformation functions
- Support for DB2, UDB, Oracle, Sybase, MS SQL, MS Access, and My SQL database management systems
- Reusable data maps
- Automated mapping documentation facility
Our Data Transfer component automatically generates data transformation code from data map; executes
conversion programs, and provides test results - all in real time without IT specialists.
Data Transfer functionality includes:
- Ability to create transfers specifying source and destination file types and maps
- Validation of source and target data access
- Preview source data during the transfer
- Manual or automatic transfer execution
- Preview target data results
- Review and verification of transferred data
- Display of transfer errors
Data Quality Control
The Data Quality Control component integrates our total quality approach with the rest of the
Conversion Factory. Factory analysts identify test strategies and test conditions as early as the
data mapping process and create finely tuned test cases using real source test data (no need to
Data Quality Control highlights:
- Use real source data from day one of the project
- Tie test cases to test conditions identified during the data mapping and data analysis processes
- Automated test execution and test result reporting
- Dashboard level test progress reporting
The Data Analyzer is bundled within our Toolset. We use our Data Analyzer capability to analyze data
prior to even importing and mapping it to assess data quality issues. We reuse the Data Analyzer
throughout the process to monitor data and results.
The Data Analyzer contains a set of standard data queries that we have built on an industry by industry basis. The Data Analyzer helps our experts anticipate and identify typical and unique data issues for earliest possible correction.
The Data Conversion Auditor contains a series of industry specific control and audit summary reports to
ensure that your data conversion is controlled and properly balanced.
Since our Audit component can be executed before, during, and after conversion it is a valuable tool to prove that the new target system has received the proper financial amounts and does not drop or corrupt those amounts.